Additional Supplemental Support
Services for Migratory Students
If funding allows, MEP-funded staff may provide support toward other identified needs of migratory children that have not been met, such as:
- MEP staff, school counselor, school/district psychologist, social worker, etc. meet with migratory students to provide social and/or emotional support
- Home visits are conducted by MEP staff to keep parents informed of the progress of their students in areas of need and/or concern
- MEP staff assist students in accessing the TexShare Program which provides free online resources and a dual library card
- Child Nutrition meals are provided during the school year and summer programs
- Clothing, food, and holiday gifts are provided by local pantries and community agencies
- Eyeglasses are provided by local community agencies
Note: Documentation of any additional support services provided directly to migratory students must be maintained and encoded into the NGS Data System.
For more information on these types of support and coordination of efforts, visit the Migrant Service Coordination Section.