After-school or “Saturday school” tutorials
(provided by Weslaco ISD)
- Coordinate with pertinent district staff to ensure academic tutorials may be offered with MEP funds, including all expenditures and transportation to ensure student participation. Keep in mind the MEP funds will supplement, not supplant any services offered by other district programs.
- Meet with campus principals to discuss scheduling and secure a location at the campus for after school or “Saturday school” tutorial services.
- Recruit content area teachers to provide the tutorial services.
- Ensure MEP staff such as counselors, strategists, and teachers meet with students to recruit them for the tutorial services.
- Track and document academic progress by reviewing progress reports, benchmark scores, and report cards.